W. A. Clark Theater 1919
Using money donated by W.A. Clark Jr., son of the Butte copper king, the construction of the theater was Warden Conley's last great project. Since the privilege of going to the theater had to be earned, the theater became the center of the work incentive and prison discipline system.
The 600 seat theater was used for a variety of events including boxing traveling theater troops, movies, plays, concerts, meetings, prison band performances and religious services.
|A library was located in the basement. The W.A. Clark Theater was gutted by fire in 1975. The fire was deliberately set, but no suspects were ever charged.|